- Foreign Nationals Investing in the USA
- These days, it is very common for foreign nationals, or non-residents, to invest in the USA Economy. Most people that live abroad prefer to invest in the USA, which they believe to be a safer and more secure environment for their investments. Luckily, our team of professionals understand the foreign national market as it pertains to investing in the USA. We can help you with the following items:
- What are the most common types of investment vehicles in the USA?
- Should I purchase my investments under a company or my personal name?
- What are my tax and accounting obligations in the USA after I’ve acquired my investment?
Tax Returns for Non-ResidentsITIN ApplicationsFIRPTA
- Common Types of Investments in the USA
- There are many different types of investments available in the USA. Below we will talk about only a few which we’ve found successful with some of our current clients. If you would like to talk about any of these investment types, one of our professional accountants will help you understand your options and navigate the tax and liability system in the USA.
- Real Estate – Real Estate has often been the primary investment choice for foreign nationals. It provides low risk and high liquidity to the investor while providing a high chance for increase in the asset’s value.
- Commercial Real Estate – Commercial Real Estate is considered by many a safer investment than residential real estate. It often provides more stability to the investor with a high rate of return.
- Stocks and Bonds – Stocks and Bonds are an excellent investment strategy for foreign nationals. In some cases, foreign nationals will not be taxed on capital gains of their stock investments. However, they will be taxed on any dividends they receive.
- Life Insurance – Life insurance is a scary topic for many. The fact is life insurance is a great investment medium for foreign nationals. It provides a high rate of return to your family and/or heirs. The payout of life insurance in some cases can be given to the beneficiaries of the life insurance policy TAX FREE.
- Business Ventures – Starting or Buying a business is also a very popular investment vehicle for foreign nationals. Besides making an income, it also could provide a great opportunity to get a Visa in the USA
How Taxes Work in the USACreate a Company in USA
- Should I Purchase Under a Company or My Name
- Creating a new company has never been easier. Our professional accounting team will collect some information regarding your new company. The best part is that we can do this over the phone or through email. But if you are near one of our offices, come visit us today. Here are the all the steps involved in creating your new company:
- STEP 1 – We will send you a form that is simple and easy to fill out. In this form you will give us 3 options for your company’s name. If the first name is already being used by somebody wlse, we will try the second name.(and so on…) You will also be providing us the owners, primary contact, physical address, and mailing address of your new company.
- STEP 2 – Once we receive payment from you, we will begin processing your new company with the state division of corporations.
- STEP 3 – Once the state approves your new company, we will apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) for your company.
- STEP 4 – Them we will create an operating agreement which will define the owners and their responsibilities of the company.
- STEP 5 – In less than 7 days, we will upload all your new company documents to the LEAFCLOUD where you will have instant and online access to all your company documents.
- TAXES & ANNUAL RENEWAL – After we’ve completed creating your new company, you will have to file taxes each year for the company. We will help you report your income and deductions for your company. You will also have to renew your company each year. Florida renewal deadline is May 1. Delaware LLC deadline is June 1.
Create Company FloridaCreate Company DelawareAnnual Renewal – Florida
Tax Return for LLCTax Return for IndividualAnnual Renewal in Florida